Now Fully Integrated with Datalog
8th June 2016
Harper Chalice are pleased to announce our suite of perimeter protection systems now offers full integration to Cortech Developments latest major software version, Datalog 5.
Datalog integration with Harper Chalice’s network system, SecureBus, allows for the physical detection of three perimeter security products namely; PulseSecure, FenceSecure and TriSecure.
SecureBus and Datalog provide:
- Complete control and monitoring of the systems as well as remote engineering features such as sensitivity adjustments, self-test options.
- Monitored network and cable faults around the entire system.
- Ability to integrate 3rd party devices and sensors through expander cards with total behaviour control and monitoring via Datalog.
Cortech Director Mark Thomas said of the integration, “This is another example of bringing together innovative technology to deliver benefit to the end user. Perimeter systems of this nature in combination with Datalog address many of the challenges that are faced by environments that are often vast, complex and involve multiple sites and buildings”.
Mark added “Cortech operate across many vertical sectors, where there are sites that are geographically spread across different regions. Integration and smarter interoperability through Datalog has allowed many organisations to centralise their operations and benefit from reduced costs and risk, while increasing their efficiency, safety and situation awareness.”
Datalog enables real time monitoring and control of multiple buildings and systems. From a central control room the events at a wide range of remote sites can be monitored and controlled quickly and effectively. Systems warnings, events and alarms are all clearly identified [with pre-determined help information] prioritised, graphically located and visually verified with automatic CCTV to enable a more efficient and accountable response.
Chris Hackett, Director of Harper Chalice believes the integration will add value to their proposition, “This integration demonstrates our continued commitment to improve system performance and meet the needs of our customers. In a world where your mobile telephone can control your heating or even your television, customers rightly expect the same when it comes to state of the art security systems.”
Chris added, “With the SecureBus integration, customers are able to benefit from live information and control of the entire site or even multiple remote sites. Furthermore, different technologies can be used on the same network, either using different technology for different areas or for using combinations of technology on the same areas for maximum protection.”
Understanding that our clients have to consider not only capital cost of the systems but also the full life costs, we are continually looking at ways to minimise these costs while also increasing the value added in our overall solutions.
By utilising the SecureBus network to connect to Datalog, the systems integrator and client know that the infrastructure and management process remains constant independent of which our detection systems are utilised around the site”
PulseSecure is a CPNI approved electrified security fence system that provides both deterrent and detection of attempted intrusion. It is a fully monitored ‘double pole’ high and true low voltage electrified perimeter security system. The detection barrier is fully monitored with the high voltage deterrent pulses switched on or off.
Datalog 5 integration:
- Via Datalog 5 operators are able to monitor the status of each zone and controller as well as view and adjust fence voltages and thresholds.
- Provides power and battery status of each unit and shows pre-alarm/maintenance alarm for devices showing a reduction in system performance, but not yet in alarm state.
- Datalog not only provides commands via the SecureBus system, it also receives confirmed responses e.g. allows control room users to receive confirmation that the HV pulses have been disarmed.
FenceSecure is a CPNI approved Microphonic fence mounted piezoelectric PID system that provides detection of intruders attempting to cut, penetrate or climb the fence fabric.
FenceSecure has no topographical limitations and is used on a variety of fencing fabric including chain link, welded mesh and palisade. Depending on the fence type and to obtain optimum performance, FenceSecure is installed and set up to match with the detection characteristics required for the fence type being protected.
Harper Chalice’s VibeWire piezoelectric sensor cable is applied to the protected fabric or structure. Audible signals and vibrations generated during an attack are transmitted to the FenceSecure Seismic Analyser for analysis and detection. The analyser detection channels are programmed to identify the signals created by noises and vibrations during intrusion attempts
- Via Datalog 5 operators have complete functional control over the devices connected to the SecureBus network. This allows them to remotely adjust sensitivity and detection parameters.
- Remote audio is streamed into the control room so operators are able to ‘listen In’ to any zone for confirmation of alarm activation.
- Datalog allows direct integration with CCTV systems [and other manufacturer control technology] to provide a smart interoperable solution with both visual and audio verification of alarm activation.
- Pre-alarms are monitored and recorded in SecureBus and Datalog to allow a comprehensive historical review of zone activity, rather than just alarm notifications.
TriSecure is a combined solution that draws on the best of both PulseSecure and FenceSecure. It utilises the FenceSecure System to monitor penetration attacks of the fence fabric and the PulseSecure™ system as an anti-climb deterrent and detection system.
The SecureBus network and integration with the Datalog 5 provides additional benefit as the user will experience both solutions operating as a single perimeter security solution.
This electronic security system design has been successfully deployed for the protection of many high security and high profile sites; the most widely known being the entire perimeter fence and gates of the London Olympic Stadium in Stratford.
Datalog 5 integrates with a number of perimeter systems and other manufacturer technology including CCTV, Access Control, Intercom, Intruder, Fire, Staff Safety, BMS and Energy systems.